Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 57: Cat Angel + Cat Healers

Today I learned...
...that there is a beautiful little cat who lives at a nursing home here in my city. She has lived there for YEARS and mingles with all the old folks on the floor on which she lives. She is 21 years old which equals 100 human years exactly. She fits right in with all the other elderly residents! She was a doll of a cat and just so friendly. I watched her hang out with some old ladies while I was there and heard her little purr. She sleeps in a basket on the counter top of the nurses station. This cat. God. She was so sweet and skinny and old - JUST like a little old lady. There are a lot of residents and she just trots (very slowly) down the hallways between wheelchairs! It was so special!

Today I am thankful for...
...my own kitties...who talk to me individually, run to greet me at the door when I come home, snuggle me for hours, and who have LONG lives ahead of them! I credit them (especially Tumbler) with healing a lot of my "baby emptiness" and can often be found whispering "Thank you" into their little faces when we cuddle at night. :-)





No comments: