Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 39: Thanks in Advance + A Weekend

Today I learned...
...that saying thank you for an outcome in advance really takes away from all the time I used to worry about something. Like, instead of saying, "I hope this won't happen" or "I wish it wasn't going to be this way," I say, "Thank you for the amazing resolution to this problem" or "Thank you for this working out so well!" And here's the trick: I really mean it. And then it's almost like I KNOW it's going to be resolved and wonderful and I'll be thankful, so I don't have to bother worrying needlessly. I didn't come by this trick on  my own, so I'm not taking credit for it, but I have recognized the benefits of it in a big way.

Today I am thankful for...
...not having to get up for work in the morning. Normally I work on Saturdays all day, but we're supposed to get lots of snow, so I'll be home. Even though I'll be shoveling, I will be able to sleep a little longer and get more things done around the house. Knowing that when I go to bed tonight is bliss!

No comments: