Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9: Assumptions + Warm Welcomes

Today I learned...
...that preconceived notions often do nothing but add stress that doesn't have to be present. I had heard so many bad things about an instructor for a grad course. 16 weeks from graduation I am so eager not to have anything mess up my mojo. I was worried, nervous, fearing the worst. I went to class - and yes, the course itself is quite overwhelming, but the instructor is fine. Likeable, even. I wasted a few hours of my day stressing needlessly.

Today I am thankful for...
...a short phone call with a friend in NYC. Her voice on the other end was so inviting. She sounded SO happy to hear from me - what a welcome! I could get used to that! "Hi, you!" she said excitedly. "It's you!" I smile just thinking about it.

No comments: