Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 13: Wishes + Friendships


Today I learned...
...that wishes really can come true. See below.

Today I am thankful for...
...the official opportunity to see some of my very dearest friends on February 23rd in New York City. For 4 years, in addition to making videos on my own YouTube channel, I have been making Wednesday Warrior videos for a channel called WeRFreEDomFighters. My day is clearly Wednesday, but some other fantastic ladies make videos on other days of the week. Together, we create programs, video rotations, and educational topics. Together, we promote eating disorder recovery and reach thousands of people.

These women are also some of my dearest friends. We are everywhere: various parts of the USA, Italy, the UK. But we are connected by sisterly bonds and communicate daily through text messages, phone calls, Facebook, Twitter, emails, and of course - YouTube.

These strong friendships have been years in the making, but due to the fact that we don't live near each other, we have never met. And this February, several of us will.

It is with a heavy heart that I regret I cannot meet ALL of my Freedom Fighter sisters. But this February, I will get to meet 3 of them. My dear friend from the UK will be coming to the USA and arriving in NYC. My other FF sister will be arriving in NYC from Georgia. And a third dear friend currently LIVES in NYC, so will be there waiting for all of us with open arms. It will be a friend-fest!

I couldn't be more grateful or more excited!

No comments: