Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 28: Communication + Cancellations

Today I learned...
...that learning how to talk to someone about something difficult and receive the outcome you desire is a true accomplishment. Today I was told, "Good for you" regarding a conversation I had with someone I love. I got the outcome I wanted and I was happy, but I didn't consider that I had played a part in contributing to the outcome. I had placed all the power with the other person. Only when I was told, "Good for you," did I realize that had I approached the situation and the conversation differently, would a very different outcome have transpired.

Today I am thankful for...
...grad school classes being cancelled for the evening. I now have more time to relax and to prepare for tomorrow without getting home at 10 pm.

No comments: